St Mary's is located in Cornwall, England. It is the widest and the most populated of the Isles of Scilly. Most of the island belongs to the Duchy of Cornwall, without the main town, Hugh Town, which was sold to the residents in 1949. The main town includes shops, banks, churches, post offices, restaurants and cafes and a nice museum. It represent the only island of the archipelago with an important road network and with public highways. Landmarks on the island include the Telegraph Tower, Harry's Walls, Giants Castle, the Garrison and Star Castle, Peninnis Head and many others.